Sunday, 1 May 2016

Documenting Week 16 & 17

 This month's Studio calico kit had an acetate card 'Yeah!' which I used on these two layouts. Documenting digitally before printing out the pictures makes the process quick too and a collage photo of the best pages from the ladybird book I bought Ian for our anniversary, means you get more on a page too.

Sunday, 24 April 2016

Documenting Weeks 13, 14, 15


This week was all about the little things that bring me joy, like getting dad working with me on a little DIY project like the old days.

Exciting things happening over Easter including Sergio's first 'sausage meet' with the Yorkshire Dachshund group.
The safe arrival of my new great nephew and some happy wedding anniversary celebrations.

Monday, 18 April 2016

Documenting weeks 10,11,12

 Week 10 was all about decorating the lounge and being upside down, preparing for new carpet.
 Week 11 was all about getting the carpet fitted and the lounge back together.
Week 12 was about Mother's day, finishing my crocheting and the endless rain, as well as visiting Sergio's family. Keep it going! TFLx

Monday, 14 March 2016

Documenting weeks 7,8,9

 Week 7 included a chocolate bar wrapper from the shop where my son used to work.
Week 8 included Valentines day so I added the card I bought hubby in a 6x8 page protector.

Week 9 was our friend's 50th party so I included the invite, the menu and the table decorations I designed and made. Tflx

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Crochet crazy!

I've gone crochet crazy in 2016! First the dog
Then the blankie
Then some flower bunting with the left over wool, all from Stylecraft patterns
I even pulled back my throw and started again! 
Really enjoying it! 

Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Documenting weeks 4,5,6 2016

 Forgot to post these spreads from my 6x12 album. I included a 6x8 insert with tyis photo of Sergio split into 3 pieces so I could document some extra make up details on the back. I included this RNLI invite for the annual dinner hubby organises too. The loose leaves are back to back on the dotted acetate for a little see through element.



Monday, 25 January 2016

Me & The Konmari Method of de-cluttering Part 2 Altered clothing

I must have made some impression on my de-cluttering in the few short weeks since Christmas, I have five empty storage boxes from the loft, I have a healthy eBay account (77 things have gone) and I have bags ready for charity.
So far I have tackled things I wanted to get done, later I will get to the things that need to be done but don't float my boat!
I started with my wardrobe and did a massive de-clutter and fold of everything I had before replacing. I did the shelves and one or two drawers in my dressing table. I got rid of shoes and boots I had not worn in ages, I sold three pairs of boots and intend to buy one new pair from the proceeds. Here is the charity pile!
Because I was asking 'does it bring me joy?' the clothes thing became easier. If I did not like how I looked in something, it headed to eBay or charity. If it did not sell on eBay, I have started to alter things into things I would wear.
Usually you don't like something because it doesn't fit very well, so I set up my sewing machine and started taking things in and adding darts here and there or turning things up if they were too long. I have reclaimed several items this way.
I had already started a Pinterest board about altered clothing and it has inspired me to have a go at changing a few more things! If it doesn't work I have not lost anything as it was going in the charity bag anyway!
So here is my first alteration. The scarf I liked but was huge and had a jade pompom edge I didn't like. I bought it in the sale as it matched my dog print skirt. First I folded it in half lengthways and cut it, then I refinished the long edge. I unpicked the pompom trim and I like it much better! In fact I could make two!
The cardigan was a 'Mantaray' cardigan with a crochet edging and pockets. It had a stain on the neck edge from a hairdressing incident, so I unpicked the neck edge and rolled a new hem to the outside and hemmed it by hand. I unpicked the pockets and removed them and where there were lines left where the pockets had been I stitched pintucks with a zig zag stitch to make some waist detail. 
I have also shortened a skirt by four inches and stitched some waist darts in two blouses. I have lowered a neckline on another blouse and unpicked the shirt collar and shirt tails from my 'Barney' jumper as I could hardly get my head through the hole! I suppose I should have taken before and after shots!!