Wednesday, 26 December 2007

Happy Christmas!!!!!


I hope everyone had as lovely a day yesterday, as I did with my family. Here is a project I completed on christmas eve, a memory book of our summer holiday this year with my sister and her family. I decided to make the cover by sewing together two pieces of fabric and inserting cardboard before it was completely closed. I then trimmed the edges with pinking shears to stop fraying. You have to remeber to stitch the photo on one of the covers first, before you start! I decorated the cover with shrink plastic flowers glued on with silicone and chipboard letters dyed to tone with the photo on the cover. The photo on the cover was an original snap, which I altered in my photo software by using the chalk effect. The accordion album opens to reveal views that are mounted on pearl paper, with the background papers torn down one edge. The edges are inked in toning inks and flourishes stamped around the edges in distress ink. I stamped a flourish across the corners of each phot using Staz-on ink to act as a false photo anchor. I gave it to my sister as a present and she loved it!

No comments: