Sunday, 30 December 2007

Pencil Lines Challenge #64!




I have not attempted this Pencil Lines Challenge before, but thought I would give it a go! I scrapped another page for my Christmas album - photo's I took on Christmas day of my younger son in his new outfits! I think he might be a model if the dancing career does not materialise! I took some close up shots of details in the outfit and cropped these to fit in with the series of outfits. I did not find this an easy page to do. The photos had to be blocked and the strip across the bottom had to finish at the end of the block, also the arranging of the photo's took me ages and I positioned them to the finest detail. Positioning the whole block of photo's right on the edge of the page was also suprisingly difficult for me. All in all it was fab to be taken out of my normal, freeform, comfort zone and it made me think again about how and why I position things normally. I must admit I do it mostly by instinct and can tell when I am not happy with something without really knowing why.


The background paper was from American Crafts a la carte collection, I chose it because it had the right green to reflect the green in the clothing. I felt it was not right on Christams theme backing paper, or not the ones I had to hand anyway! The strips are saved from the lower edge of My Minds Eye papers! Crafters never waste a thing! (Joined them with a buckle where the writing was!) The centre of the buckle has a K & Co sticker that says "Pure Joy" - I felt this reflected his appreciation of his presents - clothes - that's all he wanted! A small journalling stamp gives the date and explanation of the photo. The title does not reflect Christmas either - but I felt it gave the feel of the page in a stylish way! Hope you like it anyway! Thanks for looking!



No comments: