Friday, 4 January 2008

Challenges!

Two challenges completed for today. The first is a Daring Cardmakers challenge. I don't do that many cards, but liked the idea of meeting a challenge, so I did this thankyou card using their combination of "and cut - hancutting somewhere, buttons and ribbons." The handcutting was the hardest! Worked out how to join my letters and then tried cutting freehand! Attached to card using 3 brads. Highlighted letters with a Sakura clear glitter pen, also highlighted some of the background paper with this. Used a Marvy marker pen to edge the word to help it stand out.

The second challenge is for Scrummy Stash Cafe

This was the word TIME. I have been ill recently and have had time off work and I needed to rediscover who I was and why. Looking at this old photo of me and my older sister, I could see a spark in my face, a glint in my eyes that I felt I had lost somewhere. One of the things I realised was missing was my creative self, I had lost that happy, outgoing personality and replaced it with stress and worry. The words around the edge of the page are very apt - "finding my way, leaving my mark, defining my life, writing my story," and in the bottom right hand corner, "working it out." These all came from the Scrummy Stash Cafe kits Bliss and Out and About. Stitched the photo on the Bazzill cardstock with my sewing machine. Threaded the flowers on the ric-rac and then stitched them in place too. Tried to leave some space, as I sometimes think I fill up my pages too much. Hope you like them and thanks for looking!

Close up of stitching, buttons and gems! Highlighted the flower with a clear Sakura gelly roll pen.

3 comments:

Samm said...

Gorgeous work!!! lovely!!

Thanks for taking part in the Scrummy Stash Cafe blog challenge!

Samm
x

EllePiggo said...

Gorgeous work!!! :) Thanks for taking part.
Vanessa.

Maria said...

Oh this is lovely! Maria x