Saturday, 12 January 2008

My First Double LO!

Was a bit daunted by this at first, having only just moved to 12x12 from 8x8! A double layout challenge on Pencil Lines! Looking at all those photo's too! This required careful thought! What series of photo's have I got? Then I remebered I still had not scrapped any of my summer holiday photo's and a lot of these were views, which would work well on my gorgeous Periphery papers I got from Basic Grey (yet another sale bargain!!) These papers are fab for evoking a french country feel - designed with that in mind! (That's why I bought them to scrap this French holiday!) I arranged the photo's roughly according to the LO sketch then altered the embellishments to co-ordinate, Bazzill flowers, brads, flower and leaf buttons, ribbon. The title was printed on the PC on printable acetate from the Crafters Companion Print Pack, using a font I downloaded from the internet on a free font site. This I attached using vellum tape then softened the edges with a chalk eye ink pad (Stamp Addicts.) I decided to include the year too. Using my two new Sakura pens, I highlighted the flowers and buttons in clear and then did small dots around the corners of the photos in white, like little photo corner mounts. To complete the look, I masked some photo's and stamped with my new Autumn Leaves elegant flourishes stamps, in Stazon. Really enjoyed this challenge, made me think, which is what it's all about!!! TFLx

1 comment:

sue-bubbles said...

I adore your DLO CC and I think your blog is absolutely brilliant!
Sue (sue-bubbles) x