Thursday, 3 January 2008

No snow!

After getting all excited about the possibility of snow - it never really came to anything. We had a light dusting on the garden and large flakes were falling, but not much else! There were a few children trying to scrape together enough snow to make a snow ball - but hardly enough! It came close by though! Saw it on the local news - some roads were closed! Anyway, nice pic from last year, still not scrapped -on the to do list!
Talking of which, *fanfare, tada!* my altered clipboard is complete! Drum roll................ Got some ideas from some websites, including this one on Scrapbookshop.co.uk.
I love it! Thanks for the inspiration! This is my version, using some half price Blonde Moments papers I got in a sale online somewhere! Enjoyed using my new Cropadile too - it's fab! Here I can keep safe all my notes and date for challenges etc! (Spent today scrapbooking some pages, one of which, the challenge finished on Jan 1st!! Never mind, it's another page complete for my Christmas album!) Here it is anyway!!




I used My Minds eye papers (again from a sale) and bazzill card stock. Combined three photo's on the right in colour, with one larger one on the left in Sepia to see the effect. Wasn't sure how it would look, but I am pleased. The ritual of the spacing out of the tree lights has been passed from father to son in these few photo's!!
To go back to the clipboard, I was rather pleased with it and decided to seal it with a coat of PVA and water mixed in equal parts. This has given a more hardwearing finish and left it quite dull which I like. This was originally and old clipboard covered in bright plastic coated paper. I decided to strip that off first to reveal the chipboard beneath. When I first glued on the papers with PVA they started to bubble and the clipboard curled, but I persevered and when it dried the bubbles disappeared and when I glued the papers on the back, it returned to its original flat shape. I need to coat my altered advent calendar drawers with the PVA/water mix next to protect that too.

No comments: