Saturday, 26 January 2008

Posting early today! (for me!)


I am on the ball today! Got a busy day ahead, so here is my LO for today!

Not wishing to be slushy - it's not in my nature!!!! - but a lot of challenges are centering around Valentines themes at the moment. This page is for a challenge on the do-crafts forum, to use plain black background, with a small amount of patterned paper and a hint of red or pink. You also had to include some form of embossing and some stitching real or fake! It must include something not normally used on a LO. So here is my offering. This is what it took me so long to find the other day and involved me tipping out the whole of the spare bedroom wardrobe! My wedding album!!!! This photograph of our wedding rings on top of my bouquet was taken on my wedding day in 1988 - in colour! I have scanned it into my PC and converted it to black and white and then printed it out full page size. I have not used this size before, but was reading how someone had done it for a challenge and how it gave real impact, so gave it a go! I downloaded a font I found on the internet that was a romantic style and then printed it on a plain paper. By holding the two images up to the light, I could work out where it would print on my photo and adjusted it. Then, I put the photo back in the printer the correct way around!!!!! and hey presto! The words were on the photo! I know there are other ways of doing this, but if you don't have the money for fancy programmes, this is how you can do it! It worked for me! The card stock is Bazzill, the paper is a Blonde moments freebie that came with Scrapbook Magazine last year, so it has a glossier finish than the original. I cut out two of the hearts and then drew around them on scrap card. I cut just outside this pencil line and then edged the card with my Versamark pen. I used rich red embossing powder and heated it with my heat gun to get this result. Then glued the hearts in the centre. There is a Blonde moments paper tag hidden under the photo, with the journalling about the date and the significance of this photo. The velvet ribbon was from one of my SSC kits and then I used my sewing machine to make some lines - not too straight on purpose! down the side and across the bottom. Two items not ususal on a LO - one was a key and one was a wooden heart from Ikea year ago in the wrapping paper section! I wrote on this in permanent marker, 20 years to show two hearts locked together.
So this will be my first page of my Venice album, we are going for a weekend at Easter, for our 20th wedding anniversary! Where did the time go? I have been ordering some 7Gypsies Napoli papers in the sale ready for the album, and I have not even gone yet!!!!!! Cannycrafter!! TFLx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your challenge page is stunning,the photo is so beautiful.Jackie(worcs):-)