Friday, 11 January 2008

Resolution 2008

Today I have made a LO for the Scrummy Stash Cafe Blog Challenge
"Scrap" was the theme to use up your leftovers! Here are my scraps left from making the mini pop-up album with a kit. (See earlier post.) I laid out the scraps on my cutting mat and decided I could piece them together to make a 12" page so I carefully cut them and arranged them and then stitched them together with my sewing machine, as I thought they looked like a patchwork quilt! The hand journaling was done with a white Sakura pen. It is a poem given to me recently when I was ill (sorry I don't know the author) and I felt the words were very apt for the new year - I wanted to promise this to my family!
I arranged B&W photo's taken at Christmas and then added chipboard flourishes which I embossed in copper. The little hearts are punched out and tucked under the stitching etc with a tiny blob of glue for depth. The title is Basic Grey stick on letters. TFLx

4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous layout

Samm said...

What a fabulous layout!

Thanks for joining in with our challenge at the Scrummy Stash Cafe blog!

Samm
x

Craftyangel said...

Lovely layout.......Thanks for completing our challenge

Angie x

EllePiggo said...

Fabulous Layout! :)
Vanessa.