Wednesday, 9 January 2008

So What's happening this week?

Well, for a start I have gone back to work!!! Quite a major achievement, albeit on reduced hours, but it has been interesting to say the least!! Rather like wading through treacle! I'm sure my brain will get into gear, but I'm just not sure when! There's a light on but nobody in at the moment!!!!! Lucky for me my creativity has been turned on instead! I feel the urge to craft all the time so let's hope it continues! So what have I made??? Well a little number for the Daring cardmakers challenge, which is a card but also can be kept as a mini book for New years resolutions! A bit late maybe, but I hope to use it myself!! The challenge was "NEW". Here I also did something that was new to me - the midweek challenge, as I padded the cover of this little maze book/card with some 3D foam to give it relief. I had never done this before and saw the effect demonstrated on the net somewhere (sorry, have been trying to find it again but can't - hate that when it happens!!! (Note to self to use bookmark facility more often!)) The idea for the maze book from a sheet of 12x12 came from the archives of craft TV weekly. I think it is very clever how you can make a mini book with three straight cuts on the 12x12. The cover was some thick card (from my larger box again!) make it archival safe if you want to keep it ages. Then I used one sheet of American Crafts double sided card from the a la carte range. I stamped on every other page with a patchwork stamp then embellished with either a punched flower, heart or star from X-cut punches or a button. These were stitched on by hand with a bodkin and tied in a knot with loose threads. I then stamped "I want to..." with a self inking stamp I got cheaply from Aldi supermarket this week. You can arrange your own words - a bit small and fiddly, but quite effective. The fron cover is decorated with a small journal stamp handwritten and then embellished with more buttons a few sequins and a funky foam heart. The chipboard tag was covered in extra paper and attached using eyelash thread and my Cropadile!!! The card/book closes with a ribbon tie! What a useful Happy New Year card! On the patterned paper side I just stamped I want.... as these could be secret resolutions in the hidden pages!!!

No comments: