Sunday, 27 January 2008

Sweet 16!


Here is my entry for this weeks DCM challenge "Foiled!" I made this card for a friends daughter who was 16 this week, using yet more of my Brenda Pinnick papers and chipboard letters. (see earlier post) using some plain old kitchen foil. I decided to have a go at scrumpling the foil and then painting it with twinkling H20s! This added a bit of colour in an uneven finish. I then punched flowers out using my x-cut large flower punch and added beads to the centre. I glued them in place with PVA. The chipboard heart was needing a bit of oomph! To make the card have a bit of dimension, I added DST to the back and roughly pleated some organza ribbon on the underside - this adds to the sweet and sparkly theme. Extra dots of glitter glue add highlights. Oh to be sweet sixteen!!!!!! TFL x

11 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great use of the foil

tillymint said...

Lovely card, love the use of the foil!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Lovely.

Kathy said...

this looks great - love those colours

Rosanne said...

Very nice! Love the foil flowers!

Anonymous said...

Love the pleated organza ribbon idea CC.Very pretty card.

Anne said...

Love your card, the foil flowers are great!

Angelnorth said...

Wow, well done on getting the H2Os to stick to the foil! Great card for a 16 year old, bet she loves it!

steph said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the papertake weekly challenge!

All Pink girl said...

Beautiful card ,lovely colours and detail ,Dawnx

Jilli said...

Brilliant card, love the papers