Thursday, 17 January 2008

What a wet day!!

Again!!!! We have had rain most of the day and I am sure a lot of people who live in Hull which was badly flooded in June, must be feeling very worried again. Some have not yet got back in their houses! Fortunately we were not affected out here where we live in the East Riding. It must be awful for anyone to face. Anyway, gave me a good excuse to stay inside and craft! Back down to one plaster on the thumb injury, so decided to give it a go and complete some items, otherwise I would have nothing left to blog!! Decided to do a challenge I found on Samm's blog spot for some birthday blog candy, so here is my offering! I made a 3D card!This idea came from various inspirations, not least my new set of Brenda Pinnick chipboard letters I ordered in the UK, called initially yours. I had seen a card using chipboard flowers in a similar way on Scrapbooking castle gallery so when my flowers came, I wanted to make a 3D card using that as inspiration. I had also thought how this design would lend itself to mothersday cards or easter cards too! Very versatile! The first make of the bag was far too small for the flowers, so for this bag I made my own template from one sheet of 12x12 Junkitz Flowerful paper, from my Scrummy Stash Cafe kit I got at Christmas. The ribbon was also from that kit. I added one of my chipboard tags with a mulberry paper greeting from Papermania. The handles of the bag are puched with a x-cut flower punch. I anchored them inside the bag by scrunching up a padded envelope and stabbing it with the kebab skewers, but it needs weight, so a blob of plasticene in the base might be advisable. I am sure this is not the only one I will make and personalise, so I will be able to improve with practice!! So have a happy birthday Samm and thanks for putting up those lovely goodies on your blog! TFLx

2 comments:

Samm said...

This is soooo cool!!! what a fabby card!

Thanks for taking part in my Birthday blog candy challenge!

Samm
x

Brenda Pinnick said...

Oh my gosh this card is fantastic!!! I'd love to put a picture up on my blog, may I?