Thursday, 7 February 2008

Acetate album

Shortly after Christmas, I posted about a couple of albums I had made but not filled. One was made from two empty Christmas card boxes made from plastic/acetate. I slit them up one side and removed one side, then I cut off the top and bottom flaps. I placed one inside the other like book pages and joined them at the spine using my Cropadile. Here is what they have turned into!!I used Brenda Pinnik papers (again!!!) and some photo's of flowers I have taken in the last year. I realised they were mostly pink, so based the book on that theme! Didn't know I was a pink girl!!!! I stamped the plastic using stazon Opaque white and an Autumn Leaves doodle stamp. You must use Stazon to make sure it dries on plastic. Then I made sure the photo's were mounted on paper in pairs, so they would sit over each other exactly and not reveal the back! I arranged them in place and glued with DST. I then added trimmings and embellishments - sticky ribbon, buttons, gems, chipboard flowers (of course - used silicone glue!) Completed some journalling with my White Sakura gelly roll pen and added some doodles! I tied it together with some American Crafts ribbon using my Cropadile to trim some page edges with ribbon too. I added a tab on the edge of a page. I am very pleased with it - my first attempt at a see-through album! using something that otherwise would have been thrown away makes this an altered art project!!! Even better! Hope you like it! TFLx

3 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A fantastic album CC...very creative and gorgeous!

Sue x

Anonymous said...

They are really beautiful-gorgeous in fact.Jackie(worcs):-)

lambeek said...

Ooooh - this is gorgeous!!