Friday, 29 February 2008

Degrees of success

Here is a page with a couple of old photo's on, very '80's!!! My husband and my degree photo's! I scrapped these for a challenge over at Papertake, to use blue and green. I used my Scrummy Stash Cafe Mellow kit, with a couple of extra pieces added. The sticky back felt that I just received from ScrapFaries and ribbon from my stash. Thought these colours went well with these photo's. Not sure I am happy with the formal arrangement of the pics, but felt they were formal photo's, so they needed to be double mounted and treated in a formal way. The embellishments are my way of offsetting this formality! Not sure how successful this contradiction is! Will maybe alter it at a future date. These are my original photo's, so I did not want to cut them. There is a strong case for copying photo's, but I had an ink cartride hiccup - i.e. I ordered the wrong ones off the internet!! and I wanted to get this page done, so, in the absence of ink, I scrapped the originals!!! I always order my ink from MX2 as it is very reasonably priced and postage free. It is almost half the price of the same original cartridges round here and they do compatibles. (I am not connected with this company - just like saving money! More money to spend on stash!)
Great news!!!!!!


released there next kit yesterday at 5am local time! There are a few left at the moment, but most of the add ons sold out straight away! I did not set the alarm early this month, was trying to be good, but when I got up there were a few "Chimney sweep" addons left so of course I just had to have one! Call it my mothers day gift! Saves them bothering! Was going to be good this month but have slipped a couple of times! Really in these kits you get a bit of everything and you don't need much more! Last month I went mad and ordered two add ons and extra paper and of course I have not used them all yet! However, this months kit is unusual for me - not something I would normally choose - but when I looked at the black and white stuff, I was hooked! Check out the design team gallery here too, it's so inspirational, sometimes it's good to push yourself to experimnet with different ideas! I love the little design runners and the pages from ledgers and sometimes there are some vintage things too!
I ordered a few things from Craft Emporium this week, after watching Dyan from Blonde Moments demonstrate some 7gypsies things on QVC, I decided to order just a few for my Venice album - not long now til easter!

5 comments:

Andrea, said...

Wonderful layout, they are great photos

traciejane said...

great layout - love it :-)x

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow really fantastic page. Love the design.

steph said...

Lovely LO - great pics! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

bastelkueken said...

wow - a great and wonderful work