Thursday, 7 February 2008

Pencil Lines sketch #70

Here is my take on this weeks Pencil Lines sketch from Anilu, who I just realised is on my SC forum, where I sometimes chat!!!! I thought this was quite a challenge to use that many photo's until I was scanning old heritage photo's into my PC for a project I am starting and noticed that I could print them as an index sheet of prints. These are the photo's of my family for a heritage album I am working on, but thought they made a nice LO like this. I used some Out and About papers from my Scrummy Stash Cafe kit, with a chipboard label holder I painted in Burnt Umber and a flower embellishment. I stitched the ric-rac and a row of embroidery using my machine. The journalling tag and photo anchor is from 7 gypsies and the silk brad is from K&Co Wild Saffron collection. I used a sticker from Life's Journey set saying "forgotten memories" and a rub on stamp. The oval stamp is from 7gypsies. I love the muted colours of the whole page and how they tie in with the sepia photo's. TFLx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CC love the LO i read your journaling about Mary Elizabeth Ellis. My maiden name is Ellis!

My Nanny was Mary Eliazebth Ellis too!!! We could be related!
I love your blog its great
jenni x

Jolene Pienaar said...

Hi there, love your take on the sketch of pencil lines. Don't forget to send your layout via email to us pencil lines girl (if you haven't done so already) so we can add it to our gallery ;)