Saturday, 16 February 2008

Phase Two of my paper bag book!

So phase two is covering all the sides of the bags with pieces of Basic Grey "Infuse" papers. I have 20 pieces cut and glued in place with a acid and Lignin free adhesive. My plan for this book is to call it family ties. Here is the front cover, with Basic grey matching die cuts decoupaged with silicone glue and the title with the matching alphabet set. I have started to scan and print copies of old photographs. I have collected some from both sets of parents and intend to make a page and a pocket with each member of our extended family. My mothers family will be in one pocket, my fathers family, my mother-in-laws family, my father-in laws family and finally a pocket for us and our generation. My mum has sorted out some photos of her parents and brothers and their children and her grandparents. My father in law has given me photo's of his wife's family and parents and his own family and parents. I am choosing some photo's of me and my husband as children with our sisters. It is taking a long time to scan the photo's, but little by little it will become a family book, so my two sons can see who thy came from. Phase three is the scanning and printing of photo's!!!! I will need to look up on the family tree some dates too! The photo's will have names on the back, but not mounted on paper or the book wont close.

Will need to hold it closed with ribbon when it's complete, so things don't fall out the pockets - hence the title family ties!

No comments: