Thursday, 7 February 2008

UKs weekly challenge

Todays LO is for a challenge over on UKs, to use a Beatles song title, 7 of something, summery colours, not use blossoms, use paint on your lo. I chose to scrap the photos I took last weekend of my son in his 'new car' as I found a Beatles track called 'drive my car.' (Sorry, too young to remember!) I found my brightest paper from American Crafts and it was on a yellow theme, which I thought would sit nicely opposite the page I did on his yellow moped! The scrap of left over from that LO was yellow on the back, so I found a retro 'car type' font and printed my title on the scrap, by printing it on normal paper, then taping the scrap piece exactly on top and feeding it through the printer again, in exactly the same place! I then experimented with paint along the torn edge and found a happy accident! I had ben inspired by a video clip on the Cosmo Cricket site of using their new blackboard with paint. I squeezed a small amount of paint on to the black Bazzill and then scraped across it with a piece of scrap cardstock to spread it. When I lifted it up to look, I liked the shap edge that had been left on the black background, so decided to use this too! I did not like the mess on the front edge of the yellow so much, so covered this with a strip of card like a road and added fine ribbon that looked like the central road markings. This fitted well with the theme. Itried to paint the edges of the small photo with the same technique to see what I thought, I only kept one of the three I tried!!!! I added my photos and anchored with 7 black brads from papermania. The jounalling is written on a Jenni Bowlin journalling card that just arrived from USA! TFLx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very funky LO.Jackie(worcs)