Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Monthly house challenge


Over on UKs there is a monthly house challeneg you can enter once your are in a team and a house! I have not entered one before, so decided to give it a go! The theme was quite simple - "to complete the challenge, you'll need to create a layout with a SPRING theme, and use STAMPS, its as simple as that!"
On Monday I took this photo of my tulips in a vase on the kitchen worktop in the sun. I tried to get various different angles and get some close up shots. I love this main picture and the colours are so zingy! I decided to print it big! 10x8! The other flowers are from two other shots of tulips, side on in the vase, in close up and I have cut these out. It looks like a gardening magazine! The background paper is Basic Grey Stella Ruby, which I stamped with my favourite Autumn leaves stamps called "Elegant flourishes. I stitched the main photo on with a decorative stitch on my sewing machine and then the cut out flowers were stitched with straight stitch. (If you stitch by machine, make sure you pull the thread ends to the back and secure, so they don't come undone later.) The velvet ribbon from American Crafts adds texture, as do the foam thickers for the title. A bit of bling was added, by highlighting the stamping with deep pink adhesive gems. Really enjoyed making this page! TFLx

2 comments:

Denise said...

Caroline, the layout is stunning. I love it. The photo is wonderful. I look forward to seeing some of those growing in my garden soon. Well, unless the dang rabbits eat them all - again. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Dear Caroline,

I have been crafting for the last 18months. I have not cut, glued, stuck anything since school. I have found my youth again and can honstly say I have never been happier. Anyway, I just thought I would let you know that I find your blog interesteing and this particular blog has given me food for thought. I am a keen gardeners and have taken pictures of my garden each month since I moved in. I have also purchase teh rhonder farrer Swirls and fancy pants garden set of clear stamps which I will now pull together for a LO for each month of the year for my garden. However I will be a little behind this year as I have just had a major operation and unable to walk for the next month and half (too months compelted yipee!!!). Anyway, thank you for your delightful blog and wonderful ideas. Mrs Holloway (AKA snow_Angel1973)