Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Paper bag book update!

Sometimes work keeps on getting in the way of my leisure!!!! Lol! No, seriously have not had time today to post on here, as had a full day at work then been 'planning' this evening and entertaining my FIL for tea, so only now have time to do what I want to do before DS2 gets back from dance class! (Who would be a teacher!!) So in this small window of opportunity, I thought I would update you on my paper bag book. This is a sizeable project, not least beacuse I am scanning and printing lots of old photographs from our family on all sides going back two generations. Trimming these and organising these and then journalling will also take weeks! However, I have managed to cover the pages of the book with my Basic Grey Infuse papers before and then arrange some of the die cuts on the front cover using silicone glue to make it 3D. I used the matching alphabets to label the front cover and all the different family name pages inside. I have made a start on mounting some photo's inside like these of my MIL as a child, young woman and getting married. Some journalling will be added on old luggage labels to keep the aged feel to the album. I used the Cropadile to create the closure and secured it with my American Crafts ribbons. I used my new 7 Gypsies 'family, home and hearth' seal with sealing wax to decorate the from cover too. So here are a couple of shots of what it is looking like so far - it is a work in progress!


Sorry it's a late post and TFLx

No comments: