Saturday, 22 March 2008

VW factory

This is using Pencil lines sketch #76
Here is a photo, I managed to get printed off last night, of the VW factory at Wolfsburg at dusk! I am proud of this photo! I think the light levels are great! Can't see the people in the foreground very well though! I have used some of my swap stash goodies from Naomi, including the trims and the circle from a sheet of Cosmo Cricket Dutch girl paper. The trim is embellished with adhesive gems and the journalling is handwritten in white Sakura gelly roll pen. I used some blank chipboard letters for the title which I painted with cream acrylic paint. I inked the edge of the page with an ink pad and stamped a border in Versamark ink using a clear stamp swirl.
I had a blitz of all my photo's from old CD roms that I have never printed and tried to select some of my favourites, unfortunately the printer has been unhappy with the thickness of the new photo paper I bought from The Range. It has been jamming each time and then I ran out of ink!!! Then it forgot the photo setting, then ot printed the align new ink cartridge page on my glossy paper!!!!!! I had just about every variation possible! Thankfully sorted it now and seems to be just about ok!! There is a lot to be said for a dedicated photo printer rather than a printer scanner copier!!!! But trying not to be precious about the quality of the photo's too much and scrapping them anyway!
Had a tragic discovery too last night! Realised I have deleted the photos from my camera of my son's prom!!!! Thought they were backed up on the PC but must have been lost when that was wiped! Have sent an emergency email to SIL in Germany as I emailed her a few shots and hoping she still has them!! Have a couple - one of the limo and one in his Tux so not a total disaster but almost!!! He is so not bothered!! It's a woman thing apparently!!!

No comments: