Thursday, 17 April 2008

My 2 Boys


Had a lovely day today, getting pampered at the hairdressers and then took myself off to "The Range" to get some last minute supplies for the crop next weekend! It's amazing how things mount up, when you get to the till with everything and not one item was over £1.99, but it soon adds up!!!!! After that went to meet OH for a cup of tea and a scone with jam and clotted cream, over at Sainsbury's!!!! Bought some Farrow and Ball paint to repaint my dresser in the kitchen as the decorator is coming next week to do the kitchen and new room! We still call it taht even though it's nearly five years since we did the extension!!!

Here is the LO I made, for the monthly challenge over at UKs. The theme was family and the product you had to use was chipborad. I made another page for my book of me, this time featuring {my 2 boys!} I used the My Minds Eye Bliss papers and added some of the embellishments that came in the kit with it from Scrummy Stash Cafe. I inked the chipboard frame with a chalk eye ink pad in sevral shades of blue. The strips of contrast papers and the journalling card were all I had left from the kit! :( I have really loved using these papers and some may say you should not use flowers for a boy themeed page, but Why Not!! I inked the chipboard letters and then used Glossy Accents to make them all shiny. I highlighted the paper strips with fake stitching using a Sakura glaze pen in black. The watch face is from a Studio Calico kit and the 'right now' embellishment. I stamped in the top right hand corner using a 7gypsies 'our family' stamp. I decided I had positioned the photo too low on the page, so I trimmed a strip of paper off the top and glued it to the bottom of the page to shift the emphasis! I covered the join with some American crafts ric-rac! Ingenious hey? No-one would ever know! Except I just told you!!!! A mistake????? No!!!!! A happy accident!!! TFLx
P.S. Sorry I missed yesterday! But nipped over to see mum and dad!

No comments: