Tuesday, 29 April 2008

My first project from the weekend!







The first class was run by Artbase and you had to create a mini 6x6 album with decorations on the outside of the page protectors and then decorate a manikin to hold it! To start with, I was not going to do this and had not bought the necessary stash, being a bit intimidated by the manikin and gold paint supplied with it, however I decided to have a go with the album, using rub-ons on the outside of the plastic pockets, with pages of Basic Grey Gypsy papers inside. The photographs are of myself and my sister, as young children. I then remembered we had an art manikin in my sons room that he used for his art course, so I borrowed it and dressed her in Brenda Pinnick papers to resemble a childs frock, including a necklace! The headgear was all I could think of, but I think she is rather fetching! I will have to dis-assemble her at some point and return her to her rightful owner, before he spots she is missing! Lol! Great idea though and not something I would have thought of so that is what these classes are all about! There is so much to learn! Thank you Artbase!

No comments: