Thursday, 8 May 2008

Autographs

One of the pre-crop challenges was to make an autograph book of your family members, where you put in one photo of each person and a journalling block about them and got them to sign it. This is a basic grey chipboard album I got in a kit from Scrummy Stash Cafe a while ago, which I covered in Brenda Pinnick papers. I inked all the edges. The lettering on the cover is from Doodlebug. I stamped a journalling block on each page using my Autumn Leaves stamps, then added a few K&Co stickers of words that suited each family member.
here is Barney's page! The most important family member!!!!!! I wrote his for him and signed it with a paw print stamp!!!! The book makes a great brag book for my handbag! I trimmed the book ring with some ribbons.



Yesterday was also a good day, because I got a stash delivery!!! My monthly kit came from Studio Calico - really early this month!! I love it all! Never thought I would say that about a kit including bright orange!!! I ordered one add on, a set of teeny tiny alphabet stamps and extra paper this month! Well, it is my birthday month!!! Worth getting up early for, they are all fabby fab fab! even the Sassafrass "Fawned of you" papers that I hated to start with and have seen on every magazine page since!!!! I now really quite like! Here is my haul! What I love about these kits are the unusual things they have in them, that I would not be able to find and they come here before things are released over here. They included a bonus mini kit free this month if you bought an add on and next month the bonus is a free stamp! I love the way it is all packaged so beautifully in the brown paper bags too and the label are applied with removeable tape so you can use then on a scrapbook page! (I have no connection with this company, just one happy customer!!!) Check it out in more detail here! I think there may be a few of the main kit left! The dollar is weak at the moment so it makes these kits from the USA even better value! Sorry ladies if you entered the free draw for a 6 month subscription, we did not win :( ! Worth a try though!
Momentous day in this house today! Not withstanding DS2 has had SATs all week and DS1 goes on study leave starting tomorrow for his AS levels, Hubby has decided to change his job, after 23 years with the same company! His leaving 'do' is tonight. How times are changing! I never thought we would be launching into the unknown at this time in our lives! But, who knows what challenges beckon and it is quite exciting actually! New pathways lie ahead! Sometimes it's just daring to go with your gut feeling that is the scariest! Your sensible head and your heart don't always agree! I know I'm struggling with this too, with my job! Only time will tell what decision I make, but I must admit to being quite envious of him! Dare to make that change! TFLx

P.S. QVC craft day today! Don't forget to watch!!!!!

No comments: