Sunday, 18 May 2008

Baby projects!

I received a newsletter today from Papertrey Ink and it had the cutest baby card ideas to go with their new set of 'Baby Blessing stamps.' There is a girl leaving work this week to have her first baby, so I thought I would have a go at doing my own interpretation of their "Baby is Brewing" card, which included a little sachet containing a T-bag! I Googled apron template and came up with some fab free templates including this site here which had some links to other sites too. I printed off the free apron template and from another site a free baby shoe template as I have been meaning to have a go at one of these too! The third baby project I have made is a ring pull can covered and labelled "A spare Pair of hands!" This was a combination of ideas - the 'can' idea from blog rolling somewhere!!! and the idea that when you have your first baby you always feel as though you need a spare pair of hands!!! The can is a real can that I have cut off the bottom with a can opener that takes off the rim as well, then rinsed it out and added my "Spare pair of hands" and a little note! I then glued the base back on the tin, once I had filled it, using my hot melt glue gun. I then covered the tin with PVA and glued a strip off paper over the can, including the join. I left it to dry. I then prepared another strip of paper and added a label, stamping with a whispers stamp definition of 'wonderful' and individual alphabet mini stamps. The paper and chipboard star are Brenda Pinnick. The baby shoe was from a free template, which again I used two sheets of Brenda Pinnick paper for. I glue them togethr with PVA and left them to dry. I had a lemon pattern on the outside and plain lemon on the inside. I made a box from plain lemon Bazzill carstock and a lid from a sheet of acetate, using my scoring board. I added a few embellishments. The apron card is stitched from one sheet of BP paper, including the t-bag sachet holder in the apron pocket.
These projects will be part of her baby shower basket of fun things!!! One of the girls at work has bought a fab basket from Laura Ashley here to put all the fun presents in!
I don't often have chance to do baby projects, so this was great fun, hope you like them! My next door neighbour is due next month, so maybe I will be making these again! TFLx

P.S. Any idea what is in the can?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute baby projects.
In the can- are there some of those kids jelly sweets in the shape of hands??
Jackie(worcs):-)