Thursday, 22 May 2008

I've been blog rolling again!

One of my favourite thinks is chipboard and so I often check out the Maya Road blogs here and here so I was very interested when their new website finally went live here! Lots of inspiration in the creative corner including some templates to download to make pages for their chipboard books!! They have lots of cool shapes and I love the tins that some of them come in too!! If you are mad about chipboard too why not pop over and get inspired!!! (Not linked to this company.) (Bubbly Funk have a good range of chipboard shapes including some Maya Road sheers too! (Not linked to this company.))
This project is particularly sweet and I am going to give this one a go sometime! I like the idea of masking with rubber solution glue before painting and then rubbing back the paint to reveal the original card to give a worn aged effect. I also like the idea of snawiching felt between pages to create a frilled edge effect, another idea I am going to work on, when I have time! I HAVE ALL THESE IDEAS AND NOT ENOUGH TIME TO CARRY THEM OUT!!!
Building up to Shimelle's class on Scrap Your Day for the 25th of each month. She has posted the prompt to decorate the front cover of the album, so I have tried to make a start on it using another sheet of American Crafts A La Carte papers.


Bought these two little suitcases to alter from a local shop! I like them!!! I am going to use them to store stash! They may never get altered at this rate!!
I missed the craft sessions on QVC this week, but always have a browse through the products and came across a set of chalk eye ink pads, 30 of them in a platic pail. With postage it was going to cost £40!!! So, needless to say I surfed the net and found a store that was offering discount if you bought more than ten individually and free postage if you spent more than £20 so I bought about twenty two for about £27 - some of my birthday money gone!! And I can buy a nice jar from IKEA to keep them in!! Chalk eyes give a lovely subtle effect and they are very useful for inking the edges of chipboard, I find them the easiest to use as they are a raised ink pad. They also blend really well using the stylus tool! happy crafting!

No comments: