Sunday, 11 May 2008

Lethal Weapon!

This is another LO from a class on the UKs cybercrop, which ijnvolved hand cutting and couoring as well as creating your own background using watercolour pencils. I had to make some changes to this class, as i did not have all the materials available, but I was amazed at the amount of detail involved. The heart was cut using a template from a Basic Grey infuse paper, outlined with a dooling pen and linked together. A piece of lined paper was stamped with the word 'love' and then coloured with watercolour pencils. This was glued behind the heart and added to the background paper. I hand doodles the 'love' title and doodled on the chipboard heart after colouring it with ink. I used Heidi Swapp butterfly maks and chalks to achieve my butterflies and then used a doodlebug alpha for the lettering. The photo's of DS2 early attempts at dancing were made into pockets to house tags with details about each picture.
Another mini tag was stamped with an 'I love you' stamp I added some American crafts chipboard shapes (bird and flower) for texture. I really like the effect of this LO and I have realise that you can add lots of tiny details and keep embellishing each layer to achieve an intricate effect.
Enjoying the sunny weather! had two BBQ's in succession!! It can't last! Better make the most of it, this could be summer! TFLx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty page - I love all the cut-work - so clever!

sue-bubbles x