Saturday, 24 May 2008

Bits and pieces


Look what I got in the post! It is a birthday card from America! I was so excited to get this from Judi (mom2EE) over on the Studio Calico forum! I just love it and it made my day last week when she posted it in her gallery for me and now I have it in person! She included a sweet little stamp in the envelope too! I shall treasure it! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being such a sweetheart! Bless you xx

A little craft project!
I finished this little mini album today, that was started a few months ago by DS2, then abandoned. It's made from a stepped chipboard album that I bought blank and covered in Basic Grey Gypsy papers. He had chosen a few photo's of himself and his brother and mounted them with all the embellishments. He had just not covered the back of each page to finish them off! I decided to ink the edges of each page and then added a few ribbons, buttons and fibres to the eyelets.


Here are a few of the pages, could add more to the other side later as we come across them.

Started today by marking more optional test papers! have been tidying DS2's room and gaving a clear out! Filled 3 charity bags! He certainly is growing!! We have had a major clearout!
Tomorrow is 'Srap The day' again for Shimelle's class as it is the 25th of the month. I will be visiting her blog first thing to get the prompt for what kind of photo's to concentrate on this month, also looking for continuity in some things I photographed last month, like the garden, to see how it has changed. There was a fact sheet on there yesterday, giving ideas for photographing still life and noticing the light changes in various parts of the house, so have been busy photographing my coffee cup all around the house!
Finally! The football! Hull City won the play-off this afternoon and are now going to be playing in the premiership for the first time in their history! The Tigers have managed to make it and the whole city was behind them, so many people I know went!! I think the city must have been empty! Congratulations to them! They deserve it! Could be tricky for me though, as DS2 dance studio is right next to the KC stadium and on big match nights we always have a problem with taking and picking up from dance class! With the likes of Man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool visiting, it will be even more hectic!!!!
Tomorrow it is the turn of Leeds United! Lets hope they will be successful too! This is the team my husband has supported since the days of Alan Clark and Billy Bremner in the 1970's so I hope, they win too! TFLx
P.S. Sorry I did not post yesterday but had a migraine!

No comments: