Friday, 30 May 2008

Scrap the day!

I have made a start on my cover for Shimelle's scrap the day project, using her idea here on her blog. I have ordered a square punch so that I can cut my photo's according to her photo prompt, as the square punch I had was far too large! (Any excuse to buy more stash hey!) The large green window will have some photograph title in it eventually, maybe even the first photo promt! Each little square will have an index print from each month in it and then I will embellish it all with buttons etc when it is complete!I used another sheet of American Crafts paper and the contrasting side to cover the scallops. I inked the edges with a chalk eye ink pad. I trimmed the join with K & Co adhesive paper lace. The photo is taken in artificial light so the colours are not true to life, sorry!

I went to the hairdressers today and afterwards, I popped into the second hand bookshop close by and bought a few vintage books for a little project I am working on.


It included the GEC cookbook and a needlecraft book from 1941! An embroidery magazine from 1957 and a Tate and Lyle recipe book from the 1920's. I have been sat reading them for ages!

Some lovely little snippets in them! Today, I also received a pack of fat quarters of quilting fabric in lovely muted colours I ordered off e-bay! They arrived quickly! I can't tell you how many things I have bid 99p on recently!! I have become an ebay addict! Trying to get a bargain! Good job you don't win everything! All sorts of things! I have even been looking on ebay abroad!!! I am into selling things too, have sold some rubberstamps I was not using and an embossing board, both on one of my forums! Good news that the BIA has been dispatched from Craft Obsessions!!! Can't wait for that to arrive! And finally, I have been sewing!!! HOORRAAYYY! For the first time in ages and on my new desk!!! Fabby, fab, fab! Considering sewing was my first love, it is nice to rediscover it for pleasure rather than necessity! I have even reclaimed my old wooden sewing table for all my sewing bits and pieces that was being used as a TV cabinet!!! I bought it years ago at a church bazaar and striped it down from the black oak and re-varnished it! I think it was a piece of utility furniture judging by the handle that was on it. I re-lined it with some pink watermarked taffeta from my bridemaids dress, but I think I must have used rubber solution glue in my youth as it is all yellowing with age! Never mind! It adds to the character! Will try and photograph it tomorrow. TFL and Happy crafting! x

No comments: