Saturday, 10 May 2008

Click!



This is a LO done for another class for the cybercrop called 'The Colour Purple.' It included a piece of velvet paper that you were supposed to make an impression on with an iron and a rubber stamp! Only one problem, I ended up melting my rubber stamp to the iron and the paper! Don't try this at home! My big mistake was not using a 'rubber' stamp but one made from synthetic rubber or acrylic or something! needless to say it did not work!!! I am now one stamp short! I put this class together with some of my own stash from the Basic Grey Mellow papers and then added the trims in the darker fabric and colours to compliment the whole photo. I took this photo in Venice when a gondola cut infront of ours and I noticed the shabby distressed building in the background. I love the colour of the canal water too! Reflected in the paint on the shutter. The chipboard letters were painted using a bronze 'Anita's' acrylic paint. The background cardstock is a sheet of Bazzill bling, so it has a slight sheen. I chose to write my journaling on a luggage label! TFLx

No comments: