Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Venice!



Another photo I took of Venice! This was for a challenge to scrap your favourite place and include some sewing! I decided on Venice as it is my newest favourite place after our visit last month! The mask is sewn by machine using textured paper and decorated with hand doodling and gems. I had to unearth my sewing machine and swing it into action here! I used a zig zag stitch to get an applique like effect to make it seem like material. The slide mount I made myself, from clear shrink plastic, after I came across this idea whilst 'blog rolling' I'm sorry I can't remember the link at the moment but will search it out! I had never thought of making my own slide mounts and have an abundance of shrink plastic in stock in various colours!! I chose clear here. It shrank like mad so you need a piece about 4" square. It did curl badly and I have a few marks in the palstic where it crease but I did not panic and kept my cool! It sorted itself out then I thumped it with an ink pad box to flatten it!!! I used it to frame a Vaporetto ticket. The acetate under the photo mount is stamped with a lace rubber stamp using Stazon. This was an extension of a technique I tried for one of the cybercrop classes. This lace stamp from "The stamp man" is so intricate and shows up well on the background calligraphy paper. Stazon ink is necessary to stamp on slippery surfaces! The 'Basic Grey' chipboard heart is inked and doodled using Sakura glaze pens. Hidden journaling on a luggage label. (My thing at the moment.) The papers are 7 Gypsies 'Napoli', the title is using foam thickers by American crafts. The ribbon is also American crafts. Another favourite thing at the moment are these journalling notebooks by Making Memories. Really hot right now!! You just tear out the one you want and as you can see, they don't have to be used for journaling! I just love the shape! TFLx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another stunning page CC - so many interesting elements...and the mask is gorgeous!!!

sue-bubbles x

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fab page, just love the mask, very effective.Jackie(worcs):-)