Tuesday, 27 May 2008

A vintage journal!

I have made this vintage journal for Judi in the USA as I wanted to thank her in a special way for my birthday card. It is made from a vintage navigational chart from the 50s/60s which I have torn and used to glue to paper bags from my Studio Calico kits. I made some tabs and glued some vintage postage stamps to them. I have tried to select the pages to have interest, as a background to whatever the owner decides to use the paper bag journal for. I used some distressed papers from Cosmo cricket, to make the title block and used my cropadile to punch holes in the spine for the American crafts ribbon. I hope she either likes vintage herself, or can used it as a gift for a friend that she knows likes vintage! Depending on the feedback I get, I have many of these charts, that were given to me that I could use to make similar items and I have ideas for several different models and sizes I could make. I think this would make a great scrapbook for heritage photo's and or a holiday journal.

This post has been brought to you courtesy of Barney blogspot!


"I have had a busy day today, as normally they are at work and I do a lot of sleeping and barking at the postman, however, I have not had a wink of sleep today, as she has been taking lots of stuff to the tip and the charity shop and I have had to check out lots of car and drive activity! Fortunately, she is now blogging, so I can sit on her knee and rest! Woof!" Barney xx

4 comments:

Barb said...

So cool! Love the journal.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful journal CC, and how nice to hear from Barney!

Sue x (sue-bubbles)

april said...

awesome idea for a journal and my dog sits with me too, when I'm trying to work on the computer

Close To Home said...

That's a fantastic project you made. I bet she'll love it!