Saturday, 21 June 2008

Acrylic album



I finally scrapped some Venice photo's in an acrylic album I got a few months ago in an add on kit from Studio Calico. I know I keep mentioning them, but they put together such fab kits, with such a great variety of makes, I think it is just gorgeous!! I have used the papers and embellishments from this months 'Picket fence 'add on, which included some of the Basic Grey papers and Sassafrass button flowers, soooooooooooo cute! These photo's are a selection I took on a Vaparetto journey we made at dusk, in Venice. Our guide book suggested it as a thing to do, to sit in the fron seat if you could get it and travel the Grand Canal as the light fades. It was a bit of an experiment with the camera for me, as I have not taken photo's at dusk before, but I was so pleased with them, I thought they merited their own album. I finished it off last night.


For those of you who have not used acrylic albums before, it is kind of tricky!!! You have to make sure your backing papers and photo's line up on each side or use double sided papers so the back looks nice too. I used some 'Zip Dry' that was included in the add on kit, to stick it all down with and it was fab! I love the way that the back of the double sided paper seen through the acrylic adds depth to the whole page and the glue is almost invisible. If a back of a photo was going to show, I glued a pretty paper on the back of it before I glued it in position. This way, even if it was seen it added to the LO. The remarks stickers did not show up too well on the Basic Grey Cupcake paper on the front cover, so I outlined them with an American Crafts Slickwriter, that works on glossy finishes as well as paper. The lace cardstock looks great on here too. If you have not tried it, why not have a go, most places sell acrylic albums on the net now, some very reasonable, so make a clear album for a change! It's great fun! A slideshow of all my pages is below this post. TFLx

2 comments:

Close To Home said...

Cute work there! :-)

Christie Wildes said...

ohh, how pretty!! so glad i peeked today. :)