Thursday, 26 June 2008

Altered items

Morning all! or is it afternoon! Had a rubbish night, sneezing and coughing, so gave up at 2.30 am and got up to try and find "Covonia" cough mixture (in the dark!!! quite tricky!!! was worried what I was swigging out of the bottle, could have been anything!) Anyway got up at 6.30am to take more Mucron and feeling a little more human now!


Put on some washing and then just got it pegged out on the line and the heavens opened!!! So I left it there! The sun is coming out now, so hopefully it will dry - eventually!


Been busy this morning altering a couple of items. One is a wooden pen pot that I have covered in my usual vintage scraps of paper mixed with modern papers and the other is a clock canvas. I have had the little 8x8 canvas a while and when I saw the mini vintage style clock the other day in a shop, it just clicked and I took a chance and had a go! The papers are old receipts and maps and advertisements and recipes etc and there is even an old stamp or two on there too! To add texture, I added a little of my vintage cotton lace and some buttons. My last playing card from my original 'change for a shilling' card game is on here too! I love the way the wooden pot has a plastic liner, so if any pens leak, it wont get ruined. I have coated both projects with a coat of PVA and water to seal them, afetr they were completed. See what you think! TFLx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your vintage pen pot. The measuring tape ribbon looks very sweet.Jackie(worcs):-)

Close To Home said...

Beautiful artwork. You can tell you really have fun with it!

Francine said...

Beautiful items!!!