Monday, 23 June 2008

Cute Notecards





I just made some cute notecards using the leftover strips of my June kit papers, together with a scanned picture from my vintage french cross stitch book and some vintage cotton lace trimmings. I just love the 'October Afternoon' papers from the detour range. I have been looking for a uk supplier, but have not found one yet!! need some more! I particularly like the Fruit Stand, paper!! Must find a way!! I'm working on it!

Originally when I bought this little french book I was going to cut it up, but when it came to it! I couldn't! I loved both sides of the papers!!! So I found a way to combine it with pages from a 1941 needlework book on embroidery instead!

More happy mail today!!! Some gorgeous Anna Griffin vintage french papers, I bought from QVC (waitlist only now I'm afraid!) and another pack of vintage playing cards!! I won two more last night too! This one has cities on it and they will be useful for travel pages. Another great piece of mail was a second hand book I bought on the UKs marketplace! Decorative Journals by Donna Downey! Can't wait to read this!!!

Opened my new copy of Scrapbook Inspirations mag to read in bed last night (makes a change from Practical Motorist 1955!!!!) and there was my fellow teamy from the Musical Memories cybercrop staring at me as a comp winner!! Well done Michelle! I love her style!! Will ask permission to post it on here if she will let me it is fab!!!

Working on a small canvas for my Etsy shop, using some gesso, so off to have a quick play, before prparing for tomorrow's lessons. Ds1 gone off to do some extra driving with his dad and DS2 gone to dance class, so maybe could snatch a quiet few minutes!!!! TFLx

Forgot to mention, my page I did the other day is on Shimelles blog! Along with about 30 others!! Check them out using the link from my new blinkie on the right here!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just found this post & Love the little Note-cards. It's given me a kick-up-the-backside to make some for a friend's birthday....Mgt.