Wednesday, 11 June 2008

I lost a friend

Found out today my dog walking friend has finally lost her battle against cancer. I cannot tell you how sad I am, that such a lovely person, who battled so hard, has been taken from this world. Again and again it reared its ugly head and she fought each battle bravely and without losing her kindness and spirit, right to the end. We met by chance walking our dogs seven years ago and struck up a friendship that was to last. Our dogs got on so well we met everyday and talked about life. She was always so positive and caring, thoughtful and kind, such an inspiration to anyone else who has had to go through this. Even towards the end she was always concerned about me and my health and told me life's too short to be unhappy. She was instrumental in me cutting back my work hours and following my heart and love of craft to persue a dream. She took my Park buddies minibook into the hospice and the ATC wallet with the language of flowers, to show to everyone. I am so pleased to have known her. I will miss her greatly. May she rest in peace now. Bless her. XXX I dedicate this layout to her.


10 comments:

karen akaliz said...

i am so sorry for your loss. it sounds like she was a great friend to you. i hope that she finds peace from her illness and that you find peace knowing that she is now free.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
May she rest in peace.

walesk said...

I'm sorry about your friend :(

Michelle Charlotte said...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.

mom2ee said...

so sorry to hear of your loss, may she be pain free and happy..her memory and the friendship you had with her is a treasure...thinking of you
j

Denise said...

I am so sorry about your loss. It sounds like she was a wonderful, compassionate friend. I am sure you gave her as much happiness as she gave you.

tonya said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. It's always hard to lose someone you care about. {hug}

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend CC. Your page is a fine tribute to her and may all your happy memories be a comfort to you.
Love, Sue
(sue-bubbles)

Close To Home said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear your friend passed on. I know that this is a hard thing, and I hope that you can find peace and comfort in all your memories with her. **HUGS***

Anonymous said...

Hi CC

Sorry to hear about your friend. I have a friend who, after an 8½ year battle with a brain tumour, is succumbing all too quickly and I shall miss her dearly. She is my voice of reason, my shared warp sense of humour and all-round sounding board.

I understand your loss but think you have made a beautiful tribute.

Gill
(Drumcloggirl)