Sunday, 8 June 2008

Yay!!! I did some crafting!

Yesterday we did Meadowhall and then had friends round last night, so no crafting at all yesterday, but a successful shopping trip for me and DS2 whose birthday it is on friday this week! Trainers and some holiday gear bought, including flip flops and swimming trunks! I told you he had grown! This morning I decided to get the washing on early.
Then, I finally got in the craft room and did some crafting!!! Hooray! I made this envelope book from a pattern here, after Chris mentioned it for a class over on UKs. I loved her example here! I have made my outer cover slightly differently. I used small sized manilla envelopes and the papers are from a Brenda Pinnick pad that I have.With my latest craze for all things vintage, I thought this would be great for keeping favourite recipes or cuttings from magazines, so I used an old recipe book from 1940, cut up to make the pages in each section with tabs to help you remove them. I also addedd a blank recipe card to each section so the person can write their own favourite recipes down, maybe some that were handed down from grandma, or some they want t o hand down to their children. The possibilities are endless! I decorated the cover with two vintage adverts from an old cookery book of mine! The closure is magnetic and the front is trimmed with a flower clip and a strip of ribbon stapled on for texture. Have a go! It's easy! I stuck my envelopes together using DST and then reinforced the leading corners with tape to add strength. The cover is made from a sheet of scrapbook paper and a sheet of Bazzill stuck together. I distressed the old adverts with distressing ink. TFLx

P.S. Kirsty Wiseman has a fab book of scraps and another little book on her blog, made from Starbucks thingys! (you know what they wrap around your cup to stop your hands burning! It just looks so fab, it's amazing what you can create from what normally gets thrown away! Way to go Kirsty! Such great inspiration, as usual!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love your version of the envie album ~ fab!

Anonymous said...

Very cute recipe box CC.Love looking at your projects.Jackie worcs :-)