Friday, 18 July 2008

Sassafras Sail away......................

into Sassafrass heaven on this altered little sail boat!!! I made it yesterday, after having a flash of inspiration when i saw a little wooden boat for sale! It spoke to me and this is what I came up with!!!
Somehow, after having lost my scrapping mojo at the moment, I have found a passion for all things altered and upcycled!!! It was crying out for these yummy papers and has been coated with a pva mix to protect it from dust. I photographed it for my shop and now I want to keep it!!! This keeps happening to me! I want to keep everything I make!! This would look fab on a shelf in my scraproom next to my altered box I posted yesterday!! I can't believe how much I love these papers now!

I also made a few mini albums using some Dream Street papers journaling tags, combined with some Sei dill blossom papers. What a great size they are and because they are double sided make a fab notebook. This would be great to document a trip or something!

My back is severely hampering me today, not withstanding I am taking strong pain killers. End of term can't come soon enough. Been to the Range with a friend today, stocked up on some more BIA wires and chipboard sheets as well as envelopes and glue and string! I felt like an invalid! Have been making some mini albums as presents for the TA's at work, need to go and make some thankyou cards now! DS1 has finished sixth form for the summer now, DS2 is at Flamingo land for his end of term activity day, in the pouring rain!!! British summer! My sister left for France yesterday for the whole of the summer and I must say I was quite envious! Hoping to manage a trip to her house at some point. Will post some of the other projects I have mentioned over the next few days. Update!!! Just broke my tooth on something in a giant chocolate button!!!! Not my day today! TFLx

3 comments:

Lisa Dickinson said...

love your boat! maybe i need to try something altered to help bring my scrap mojo back!

Lauren said...

Wow, what a unique idea! I love the Sassafrass on your little boat!
very cute!

karen m. (akaliz) said...

oh my goodness! look at that! i love it!