Saturday, 5 July 2008

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor.....

Here are some cards I have made from some vintage Snap cards, dating probably from the 1950's the colours are fresh and bright and I loved the character of them! I decided to make a set of cards that could be used for various occasions. I used Basic Grey Cupcake papers and some October afternoon papers, plus some others, to cover the Papermania card blanks. I also used some chipboard greetings that contrasted. as well as a few other embellishments. I matted eachcard on a toning paper to lift it from the background. The bright colours make them suitable for children, but the characters make them suitable for big kids too!

I have not done any crafting today, went to the school summer fayre, in the pouring rain and we are now in the middle of a thunder storm. Other than that it has just been food shopping! Got my online shop from Tesco, then been to Morrisons to get what Tesco didn't have!!! Had a lovely cup of tea and a Vanilla slice - very unusual for us, but delicious anyhow! TFLx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards CC! Oooo...I could just go a vanilla slice!
Sue x
(sue-bubbles)