Friday, 29 August 2008

Finally! Some challenges!!!

In case you thought I had given up crafting altogether!!!! Lol! I decided to check out the Papertake Weekly challenge and the Scrummy Stash challenge last night and had a bit of pre-breakfast crafting this morning to set the day off nicely! (Posting on here whilst 'manging' (franglais!) my Special K!)

The challenge over at Papertake was to use stitching or fake stitching, so I decided to make a card using some off-cuts of Cosmo Cricket papers in a patchwork effect and then, once I glued them down, I used a Daisy D's roller of fake stitching tape to trim each piece! I could not resist using my new Threading Water punch from Fiskars, that I have been waiting so long to get!!!! It is fab!!!

I finished the card off with one of my french antique buttons from my little 'sejour' en France! had fun last night trying to understand crochet instructions in a french craft magazine I bought!!!! Anybody out there know the french for chain, double and treble stitch please get in touch!!!! Lol!

My other challenge card is for the Scrummy Stash Cafe Blog - it was a sketch. Here is make take on the sketch using some Basic Grey cupcake paper and October Afternoon scraps I used a foam stamp of cupcake and the word Surprise, which came with a magazine I bought this month. I inked it up using Marvy markers and highlighted it with Sakura metallic pens.


Got a bit of school work done yesterday, sorting out and throwing out! Today I need to start planning!!! Would really like to craft though!!!!! TFLx

5 comments:

tiggertastic said...

fantastic work, love the layout you have used and the papers

Maria said...

Oh this is lovely Caroline! That punch is fab isn't it? can't stop using mine!!! Glad to see you crafting again x

Rachael said...

Great work love your take on the sketch challange. Gorgeous card!
Thanks for taking part.

steph said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

EllePiggo said...

A lovely funky card Caroline!! :)

Vanessa.