Sunday, 21 September 2008

I stitched up a sausage dog!

Seriously, I did! I stitched a miniature daschund, in felt, for this chipboard 'woof' mini album and then promptly forgot to photograph it before I wrapped it! You may just be able to see him under the cellophane!!! I drew him on a piece of scrap paper, then I stitched him (leaving a small gap to stuff his tummy) through two layers of felt (and the paper) on the sketch line. Then I cut him out! The paper pattern then tears away carefully from the stitching to reveal one handsome sausage dog!!!! Stuffed lightly with wadding and stitched up, he has a bead for an eye and a bead for his nose, with a satin ribbon bow, courtesy of my Ribbon Mad kit! My original design was taken from the Sei papers I used for the book, called Park Buddies. perfect for a sausage dog! I carefully arranged the letters on the pages, so the dog was well positioned on the front cover too! These were papers I had left from a mini album I made of my dog and his friend, back at the beginning of the year. Here and here. If you remember, my friend who died of cancer took it to the hospice with her to show everyone her dog and mine. For that reason alone these papers are special, but then again, I just love dogs! Have fun! TFLx

More close ups to follow (hopefully! I have been promised!)

1 comment:

sue-bubbles said...

That is one amazing looking album and a cute little sausage dog - welldone you!
Sue x