Saturday, 20 September 2008

I'm back!!!!

This is going to be a long post, so you may want to put the kettle on and make a cuppa before I start!!!! (War and Peace!!!)
Chapter 1
I set off bright and early at 8.20am having got hubby to programme the sat nav, all is going well until I reach the A1/M1 link road, which apperently the delightful woman talking to me is completely unaware of!!!! She tries to tell me to turn off at the A1 south junction, when I know full well Harrogate is North! I decide to ignore her and after several frantic 'researching routes,' she tells me I am on the right road. We continue to Wetherby (me still enduring ZZ Top on the stereo as hubby has negelected to replace it with Mama Mia as requested!!!!!) whereupon she tells me very calmly to 'leave the road at the next junction' but subsequently tells me to take a right turn at the roundabout which would put me straight back on the A1! I decide to ignore her, whilst rummaging for the Mama Mia CD as there is only so much ZZ Top one can take at 9am in the morning!!!! I go into Wetherby, I get on the A166 and follow signs for Harrogate, whilst she is still 'researching the route' and telling me 'to find a suitable place to do a U turn!!!' Suddenly she pipes up that 'the road ahead is the destination!!!?????' I found it myself, completely alone and unaided!!!
At this point, I need to tell you about the email I mentioned yesterday, that gave me a little lift! I was commenting on Kirsty Wisemans blog, who was scheduled to be on Dyan's stall from 'Art from the heart', saying I would love to go but did not want to on my own and she said come and say hi! It was just the push I needed! She was, just as I expected, kindness itself! I have followed her blog for so long!!! We met for coffee on a park bench, whereupon I decided to throw my can of coke everywhere and attract attention from total strangers and was pathetically tongue tied at times! I met her mum too! So having had a chat, it was all over too quick, she went back to work and I carried on browsing, but not until her mums friend took our photo so I could post it on here! Thanks Kirsty x
On to my purchases, well, with Cosmo Cricket TSV not far around the corner, A week on Tuesday to be precise, I decided to set a budget and took cash, well, by the time I had paid £5 to enter and another £5 on my sandwich, which I stuffed in my ear whilst talking to Kirsty, that left me with very little in craft terms!!! As always I could have spent loads!!!!!!!!

So what did I buy???
Well some Blonde Moments christmas papers in the pink for a pink christmas theme - I may give it a little try!!! 3 Airondack paints, Some Blonde Moments crackle glaze, A 7 Gypsies hinge, Blonde Moments rubbers stamp hearts, 2 mdf mini books, 7 Gypsies rub ons, archival ink pad, 3 stickles, a paper ribbler, a star rubber stamp, Bazzill ribbon in red and green, Glitter,four stamps from stamps away, 2 sheets of daisy D's, double sided tape and some silicone glue.
Didn't get myself a Big Shot to put away for Christmas as the deal was no better than online!
All in all a very good day, so thank you Kirsty !!!
P.S. Never guess what????? Got home and my little prize from DO was waiting for me and it is!!!!....................... Coredinations cardstock 6x6!!!! Thanks Katy for the post.
Ok so this is an epic post - More Like War and Peace!!! I did warn you!!!!! TFLx

5 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

I am luminous green with envy CC, so glad that you went, and you had a fabulous day!!!! I need to email you re: die-cutter so hold your horses!
Sue x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

Oh Caroline, sounds as if you've had a fab day and to met and talk to Kirsty, you lucky thing.

Have fun playing up your goodies and look forward to seeing what you make.

Maria

NancyJones said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH looks like you had quite a great time! LOVE the haul you came out with. AND you got to meet Christi HOW FUN IS THAT!

TwinTrouble said...

Sounds like you had an eventful day, but how nice to meet Kirsty :)
Don't you just love Sat Nav's... my friends has taken us on some fantastic adventures... lol

Looks like you got lots of lovely goodies to play with... can't wait to see what you use them on :)

Vicky said...

Oooh Caroline looks like you got some yummy stash and had a fab time! I wanted to go but didn't have anyone to go with. Good job really as I probably would have spent a fortune and need my pennies for the cosmo cricket TSV, which I have been waiting for since QVC America had it as their's!
Enjoy using your new stash!
Hugs, Vicky x