Tuesday, 16 September 2008

A little project from France

Here is a little project I made after seeing the instruction in a magazine in France. This is my interpretation of it anyway. I bought the rough, rustic, frame from the french antique market and used a grey stain to give it a washed wood effect. Then, I used some of this metal grill that I mentioned before that I bought at 'Mr Bricolage' whilst on holiday!!! I cut it with pliers and stapled it to the back of the frame with my staple gun. The frame was then ready to decorate. I used a mixture of stamping and embellishments and coloured my chipboard title with ink pads and stamped with brilliance ink. The ribbons up the side are knotted around the frame and stapled on the back. The luggage labels are pegged in place with some miniature pegs trimmed with antique buttons from the French market. The idea is to put a photo of each family member on the luggage labels, with some hidden journaling on the back. The labels could be inked and embellished to suit yourself. The result is an unusual and rustic family photograph frame, with an element of rustic charm.Wood flourishes, vintage french lace, buttons and a chipboard butterfly complete the trimmings. (Appologies for the photo quality, I said I had a problem with my camera!!! Or is it the photographer???? Anyway, got the new battery to try yet!!!) TFLx

1 comment:

sue-bubbles said...

Gorgeous project CC!
Sue x