Tuesday, 9 September 2008

A little altered project

I suppose I should not call this an altered project, more an enhanced project! It was a wooden box I bought at the antique market in France, which was slightly the worse for wear! I have managed to mend it using a few panel pins here and there and wanted to add a lining using my Anna Griffin French lace papers. I made some templates for the sides and base of the box, using chipboard/cardboard. I covered each panel with paper using DST and gluestick. I made a larger patterned lining for the lid and covered the join between two sheets of paper with some vintage lace from the French market, threaded with fine ribbon. I glued the lining pieces to the inside of the box with heavy duty DST. Voila! I now have a lined box I can use to store cards I have made and it makes a nice display box, when showing them to people! Very french looking! Forgot to photograph the outside, but will keep this as it is anyway! A bit rustic looking! TFLx
P.S. I think I may add a couple of ribbon strips to keep the lid up!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Beautiful project! What a great idea for storage!