Thursday, 25 September 2008

Morning everyone! 90 days 'til Christmas!

I start the day on a high note as ebay have decided we can solve yesterdays decarcle by mutual consent!!!!! In other words, the transaction does not have to go ahead which means I get my nerves sewn back together and have learnt a lesson!!! It could only happen to us!!! My dabbling in ebay came about to get rid of things the boys had grown out of, which I then use as income to fund my crafting! Neat hey? Just sold some of DS2's tap shoes last night as he has only had them 6 months! His feet are growing so fast at the moment, someone has got a bargain! Studio Calico reveal night this weekend, so need to get the cash in!! Not had much time to make for my Etsy shop recently as have been focussing on a few Christmas projects for my advent calendar idea on here.
This is the plan; I have made an advent calendar and I will post a new crafty idea for each day of december, as I add each item to the calendar! They will be a mixture of ideas, some crafts, some sewn maybe, some food ideas, some just general games etc. Want to see the advent calendar???
I saw the idea ages ago on the internet here! (mine looks nothing like it!) The basic idea being it is a magnetic calendar! You hide the items on the back, bring out a new one each day!Well it staretd out like this!!!!! Fa-la-la papers from Making Memories, just my colours!!!

And this, a painted baking tray!!!! You did ask!!!! Gina - I told you I was trying to paint a non-stick baking tray!!! (From in-store! £3.99)
But it's not quite finished so you cant see the rest! lol!

Here is a sneaky peek!!!

With PVA coating drying!!! making the things to hang on it everyday now! I could be a while! It's called playing!!! Will post detailed instructions nearer the time if you want to have a go.

Off to get my hair coloured today and then back later for tea with my parents, it's thursday again already! Have a crafty day! TFLx

P.S. Did you watch Who do you think you are? last night with Jodie Kidd?? It ended up she was from Yorkshire stock, about ten miles up the road from me, from a place called Rowley!!!! can you believe that! The reverend from that church sailed to the new world to settle in "Rowley" we say row as in row your boat here in Yorkshire, they say row as in having an arguement! Well I never! Wish I'd seen her when she was here filming!!!

2 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

I love how your calendar is looking so far, and I checked out the blog that inspired you...wow...what a lovely idea!
Sue x

Anonymous said...

its looking good already. cant wait to see it finished. enjoy your playing. gina xxxxxx