Friday, 3 October 2008

My sewing box complete!

I did manage to finish my little sewing project last night, but forgot to photograph it today until dark! Sorry! Flash does it no justice!
This is it open and here it is with the lid on!

I sewed a cute little button in each corner! Funnily enough, the new Cath Kidston catalogue arrived yesterday, so was just having a browse this morning when I had a quick cup of coffee! Going to make some things to put in it next, including a needlecase, a pin cushion (using a little french glass yoghurt pot) and altering a small tin for some buttons too! They have some gorgeous sewing and knitting items on their website, including a flower pot pin cushion! Supposed to be putting it into my Etsy shop, but am liking it too much at the moment!!! maybe my first one will end up in the Etsy shop instead!

Other things I am liking at the moment, include my new red shoes!!!! Bargainous! From the 'Per Una' sale at the end of summer, I have been wearing them to death! Trying to persist with them for work, although I am pleased to remove them after a hard day!They go so well with my handbag I got from Schiphol aiport on our way to Venice in April! I have used it all summer too!



And finally, these!

How could you not love these????? Chocolate donuts! Courtesy of my mother! Normally I would not let such things cross the threshold in this house, as I would certainly eat them, but she keeps bringing them for Jonni and I just find I can't keep away!!!!!!! had one with my coffee this morning after my dog walk! It was so cold and windy today! Changed over my summer to winter clothes storage this morning. (Large drawer under the bed!!!) Thats the summer stuff put away for another year! Now to see if I can get into the winter ones!!!!! Lol!

Not got too much done craft-wise today, have been out for lunch with my parents (my life is so hard sometimes!!!) Mum went to hospital for her pre-med for her operation next week, so we went for lunch afterwards. Have just been converting a box I made during the cybercrop into two album covers for my Venice photo's from April!!! Will post some pictures of it before and after, tomorrow!


Here's a sneak peek of my purchases from today! Felt, Christmas fabric and ribbon. Can you guess what it is yet????? Lol! Also purchsed a few boxes of BIA wires online in a half price sale! What a bargain!!!!

(Bought some red felt and some wadding today, along with some Christmas fabric and ribbon for the doggy advent calendar I am about to embark on!!! (Could be kitty if you wanted!!!) Another project for my craft-a-day in december!)TFLx

5 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

Loving your sewing box, your red shoes, your red bag...and your chocolate donuts...whoo! And I also like the sound of the doggy/kitty advent! 10/10 for this evenings post CC lol!
Sue x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

Oh Caroline, your sewing box is fab, I just love it well done, and those shoe and bag, WOW you're one lucky lady, lol.

Cannot wait to see the doggy advent and what you use the material for.

Maria (bubbles)

Denise said...

Cool sewing box! I love that you are making the items for inside the box, too. That is awesome. OK...the felt and Christmas material. My guess is that you are making a tree skirt. Yes? No?

Anonymous said...

Love the sewing box. And the bag and shoes, but there is no way I could walk in those!Jackie worcs:-)

Anonymous said...

cc, the sewing box is beautiful.i love the soft blue. i love your red shoes and handbag. i too own a beautiful pair of red sandles and a red patent handbag 1950's style. i normally share my handbags with my daughter, but this one. she knows better to even ask. between us we must have easy 40 handbags. so i understand how much you love them. gina xxxxxxxx