Saturday, 1 November 2008

Project 1 Advent Calendar

Welcome to project one! The altered baking tray advent calendar.

Today's embellishment is a small chipboard tag, inked in olive green, with a chalk eye ink pad. The edges are inked with dark brown ink. Use a cropadile to add a large eylet at the top and tie some red ribbon through the hole. A small advert cut from Making Memories 12 x 12 Vintage Christmas - St Nick Vintage Collage paper is glued on the top and the tag embellished with a rusty tin heart from a packet of card decorations.
Every day I will describe in detail each embellishment I have added to my calendar. You can make one a day!

This whole project will take a few days to complete as there are various stages that need to dry.

The rating for this project is Advanced.

This project has been featured on my blog recently and was taken form an idea I saw on the internet, to use a baking tray for a magnetic advent calendar.

The tutorial for this project is split into three parts and is available by clicking on these links;
This project was the launch pad for my idea about a crafting calendar here on my blog. If you want to make a slightly different version, you can use an art canvas and divide it into a grid and embellish each section. Just have a go! Please leave a comment here with a link to your finished project once completed and I will stop by and have a look! For those of you who have already made a start on one, now's the time to get it completed!!

To those people checking in new today, welcome! Today is the launch of the Creativity Life magazine, I am featured in it as I have been chosen as one of the 12 Scrapbook Apprentices!!! Scary or what????? If you have arrived for the first time, today is the launch of my countdown to Christmas! 24 crafting projects to get you launched for a fun filled Christmas crafting extravaganza! I hope you enjoy the projects and play along! Please leave a comment if you are joining us!

P.S. Don't forget to check out the list of items you need for tomorrow! They are in the side bar!

TFLx Have a great day!

No comments: