Saturday, 29 November 2008

Project 26 - Covered notebooks

I made some covered notebooks yesterday for a craft sale last night at my friends house. We had a girly night - Tiara's and bubbles and I took my craft stuff and had a craft table and another friend took her jewellery! What a fab night! We drank lots of cava, had a great meal and good fun! Thanks Di! Wendy if you're reading this, your home made tiara was fab!! I never knew you could get pink sparkly pan scourers! Such initiative! Give the girl a gold star!!! Anyway, I was so busy yesterday making things, I forgot to blog! Here are my notebooks!

The first two are covered lined notebooks, the last one is a covered sketch book and I may just keep that one myself!!!

I buy notebooks with chipboard type covers and cover them on both sides with scrapbook papers. I ink the edges and trim the wire binding with ribbons and then add a luggage label tag as a book mark, covered in matching paper. The front is embellished with stickers and rub ons. A great gift and great fun to make.

Completely forgot about the Studio Calico reveal yesterday, but fortunately I was able to get the kit i wanted when I remebered at 9am! Guest designer this month is Claudine Helmuth and as I have just done an online class with her, I was interested to snap up some of her paints! I could have spent loads! Also got a Making memories blank Calendar and a few more exclusive stamps! Good job I am selling at the moment! Ordered some of the new Rusty Pickle Christmas papers this morning from Art From The Heart. Would love to have gone to his class at her studio, but unfortunately it is on a work day :( Going to have a go myself at a little project instead.

Got 9 orders for sweetie blooms last night, so had better make a start!!!! TFLx

3 comments:

weewiccababe said...

love the notebooks - I'm going to give them a try when I get some time.
have left a wee mention for you on my blog
D
x

sue-bubbles said...

I love your notebooks CC! Its great fun titivating them isnt it!
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Hiya Caroline, just been catching up with you via your blog. Thanks for the mrntion.Had a great night myself too. WE MUST DO IT AGAIN ! Love Di xxx