Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Project 6 - A BIA Christmas notebook

Today's embellishment is a chipboard star that was inked with a chalk eye ink pad and then covered in Glossy accents to make it shine. Whilst the Glossy accents was wet, I added some fine glitter to the surface and a star shaped button. Once the glossy accents wasdry, I added a cut out of Christmas parcels from the Vintage Christmas backing paper.
Project 6
This is a notebook made from scratch using some Christmas backing papers cut into 6" squares.
1. Choose some Christmas backing papers that tone, and cut them in half using a guillotine and then in half again, to get 6 inch squares.

2. Using either some prepared Zutter 6" covers or some mountboard cut to size, make two covers, by covering the mountboard back and front with a paper of your choice for the cover. I used My Minds Eye Holly Jolly papers and attached them using double sided tape with glue stick in the centre.

3. Punch one set of holes, using the BIA, by locating the centre of the cover and lining that mid point up with the centre line on the BIA. You could use a Cropadile and bookrings if you don't have a BIA.
4. To decorate the cover, cut out a Christmas tree shape from dark card and cover with silicone glue, then apply some tiny buttons to the outline shape and fill in the centre. leave to dry overnight. When it is dry, stick it to the front cover of the notebook using more silicone glue for strength, but this time spread thinly.

5. Using the Cropadile, punch holes in the covers and set a large eyelet in the front and back for the ties. Select a Christmas ribbon and knot a length through both eyelets, with enough to tie a bow fastening.
6. Apply cardstock letters to the front with whatever title you wish, mine was Lists again!!! I make a lot of lists at Christmas and sometimes the same ones would do year after year! Shopping lists, present lists, card lists, thankyou letter lists!!! It goes on and on! This could just be a photo album if you wanted!

7. Punch holes using the BIA in the pages and assemble with a BIA wire, I used 5/8" in brown. Trim the wire with knotted ribbons for a festive feel and a felt heart (cut from my felt Christmas placemat I bought from Paperchase!)
Drop by tomorrow for another craft project. Happy Crafting! TFLx
Life!
Just had my neighbour pop round with a stash parcel they held hostage overnight!!!!!!! My goodies for the Scrapbook Apprentice challenge! Very yummy!!!!! Lots of Chocolate coloured goodies too numerous to mention!!! I love this competition already!!!!! Only got a short deadline so need to get cracking this weekend!!! Off to get my hair cut today so will make a list of stash later, not sure if I am allowed to share it on here or not! Visited mum yesterday now she is back home and everything seems to be ok again, she just has to rest. Thanks for all the messages of support! Also, welcome to all the newcomers! I will be getting to my 20,000 visitor quicker than I thought!!! Will have to sort out a RAK soon! TFLx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just had to add my congrats Caroline on being chosen in the last 12 for Scrapbook Apprentice. I've just bought the Creativity Life today & seen it. Very Well Done & most deserved. Mgt.

sue-bubbles said...

Another fab project CC...but Im up early waiting for the little birdhouse he he!
Sue x