Monday, 29 December 2008

The Birthday Party


Yesterday was the big birthday party for Chris's 18th birthday, we held an open house and entertained and fed lots of people! Unfortunately I had woken up with a bad cold and chest, so ended up coughing and spluttering my way through the whole day, courtesy of Beechams all in one capsules!!! At least I made it through the day! Finally climbed into bed at midnight and have only just surfaced this morning! Hubby has gone to work so I am just reclaiming the house and piling up the recycling for the bottle bank!!!!! As is the case on the occasions, I seem to have quite a bit of buffet food left over! I have a fear of not having enough, anyway we will be able to eat it up today and hubby has taken a very up-market pack up to work!!!

It was a lovely day and although very tiring, I enjoyed it all. Not sure DS1 knew what all the fuss was about, but it suited me to celebrate his coming of age!

Off to do a bit more clearing up, before having a bath and going out to a friends house for a meal this evening! It all eating at this time of year! Now what shall I wear???? TFLx

2 comments:

a little bit of me........ said...

Happy 18th Birthday Chris im sure your mum did you proud with lots of yummy food, CC your a wonderful Mum,
jennix

Hi I'm Maria... said...

Sounds like a fun day Caroline, sorry to hear you're not too well and hope you're feeling better soon, ***sparkly vibes*** coming your way.

Maria x