Wednesday, 24 December 2008

To Do List!!!

I have my list and I am ready to go! The carols CD is playing! Today looks like this;
Peel veg - lots of it!!!
Prepare accompaniments for the Christmas lunch - sausages and bacon rolls, bread sauce, giblet stock for gravy,
Weigh out for Rum sauce and get puddings out of storage!
Make trifle
Set and decorate the dinner table
Last minute clean up
Last minute washing
Last minute shop for pleasure - christmas market this afternoon to visit DS2 on his chocolate stall!
Prepare fresh turkey for oven
I just get out my Delia Smith's Christmas book and go through the chapter on the last 36 hours!!!

Friends coming over for drinks tonight and eats, so our Christmas cakes will be tested - remember it's the mini versions?!
Went to visit dad last night and although he is showing some slight improvement, I doubt that they will be able to join us for lunch tomorrow :( It wont be the same, but I wish him better quickly and if that means staying away and keeping warm in bed then that's what he must do!

Had a lovely birthday for DS1 yesterday, a few friends and family dropped in and we had cake and Cava so it was a nice day.

Last craft project before Christmas - Christmas cards from the dog! Just in time!!!!

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all of you and your families this season xx

4 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

Oh CC, I adore your Christmas cards from the dog! Enjoy your busy day...sparkles to your Dad, and have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Sue x

cannycrafter said...

Thanks Sue! Merry Christmas! x

voodoo vixen said...

Merry Christmas... and I know what you mean about having an 18 year old... imagine how I feel with a 21 year old... good grief!!

Love the dog Christmas cards and the gift wallet is super!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

Happy Christmas CC, hope your dad is feeling better soon (((hugs))).

Maria xx