Tuesday, 27 January 2009

52 Questions and answers tag 3!

Here is a tag I have done for a challenge on UKs, where I had to use inks and a spritzer bottle. I don't have any alcohol inks - yet!!! so i used a Tim Holtz ranger distress ink pad in tea dye! I crumpled an old piece of map and then inked with tea dye ink, then spritzed with water. When dry, I inked with some blue blending blocks. I then stamped butterflies using twinkling H2 0s painted on the stamp instead of ink. I added a decoupage fairy cut from a Christmas card. The wooden heart has been embossed using a Versamark ink and a moonglow embossing powder! I had to write do you believe in a fairy as I did not have enough room for fairies!!! Lol!! Glued the whole thing to a handmade luggage label made from kraft cardstock. Will write my journaling on the back when the silicone glue is dry. Inked around the edges with a brown chalk eye ink pad! My own idea, but I think it will blend with the others very well!!

Talking of Tim Holtz I am very excited as I have booked a place on a demonstration by him at Art from the heart in Harrogate!! I could not resist it!!! I am sure i will have alcohol inks then!! Your £5 ticket is redeemable against any purchase!! There are tickets left ladies!!! He is demonstrating at CHA this week!! I am becoming a little more experimental with paints and things! Not so afraid to get it wrong! If you keep going to the end of a project it often ends up looking better!! I get scared part way through!!

I thought i would have struggled with question 3, as I am not a 'fairy' girl at all, but i have a story about the tooth fairy that I want to journal. I was struggling for a picture until I was about to recycle my Christmas cards!! It just goes to show you should not throw things away!! TFLx

P.S. don't forget to set your alarm early for Studio Calico reveal! Be there at 5am or be square!!I am trying not to buy any add ons ths month!

3 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful tag CC...and crikey, thanks for the reminder for SC!
Sue x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely tag CC, hope you get your early night for your early rise...

...you did make me smile though...

...no add on's, as if...

maria xx

Clarky J said...

Wow Im going to see Mr Holtz too! love your blog may see you there